Solo Pipers are a very fitting part of funerals as family and friends pay tribute to their departed loved ones. The sound of a lone piper playing a lament at the graveside can be very moving.
A piper in Scottish dress can play at a number of stages in proceedings, including:
- Pipe as cortege/congregation arrives at the church
- Pipe during the ceremony
- Pipe while leading the coffin from the church to the graveside
- Pipe a lament during the burial
- Pipe while the congregation are leaving the grounds
*Packages are open to specific requirements and should be discussed prior to the funeral.
A few popular tunes for funerals are listed below:
- The Flowers of the Forest
- Amazing Grace
- Abide With Me
- Highland Cathedral